|Michael Caine shot by David Bailey.|
I'm happy to report two things: One, the busiest and most stressful week of my life is now over, thank god. I won't go into details, but it was mainly due to a combination of events, schoolwork, and tests taking place at, unfortunately, the exact same time. Enough of that- number two: the lovely blogger Jess from You've Got the Silver has nominated me for the Creative Blogger award! I am always so honored to receive any kind of recognition for Eloise, since I am a new blogger and appreciate any kind of feedback!
Basically, the Creative Blogger nomination allows me to say ten things/facts about myself (that will hopefully be some kind of interest to you all), so you all can learn more about me! Without much further ado, here we go...
1. I was born in Fairbanks, Alaska and I am exactly one-half South Korean and one-half Puerto Rican. So I feel as if I am an odd combination of things-- at least that's what others say when I tell them about myself!
2. As you can probably see from my blog, I am in LOVE with and admittedly obsessed with faraway European lands, but ESPECIALLY London/England. After London there is Paris and France, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland... mainly Western European lands. I don't know how I became so obsessed. I think it started out with me loving British music, then the culture, accents, the beautiful places in Europe, and it just spread from there.
3. I am currently in college and majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in magazine design. I am also double-minoring in French and Textile and Apparel Management (TAM). My absolute DREAM JOB would be to work at Esquire UK (or any British fashion magazines) and live in London.
|Kid Cudi in GQ's Spring Style Preview.|
4. Yes, I love men's fashion. I love the suits, button-ups, loafers, everything. The clean lines and minimalistic style of men. Equally I love Esquire & GQ for their designs and how their magazines really reflects the style of a dapper man.
|Tom Chaplin of Keane.|
5. My favorite band is the British group, Keane. I want to say I know every single song they've ever recorded, even b-sides, but I may be flattering myself. But I know a lot of them. I am unhealthily obsessed perhaps, but their music is just so good.
6. I used to be a huge sports person. I played soccer, volleyball, ran cross country, danced and even did cheerleading... now during college I just surf the web, looking at magazine editorials, blogs and typography. Eek!
7. Italian food is my life. Pasta pasta pasta... I love... just cheese and marinara sauce. Pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, stuffed shells..Mmmm. I'm hungry.
8. I'm a big tennis fan. I blame my mother who would always turn on tennis when I was younger and refuse to change the channel. I thought it was quite boring at first, then I realized it really is a highly intense game that requires so much skill and stamina. My favorite player is Spain's Rafael Nadal, who I believe is still number one in the world.
9. Probably unhealthy... but I love watching television. Nothing wrong with that! Favorite TV shows: Spongebob Squarepants, Family Guy, The Office, Say Yes to the Dress, Cake Boss, and Conan. (My inner child comes out in my TV selections.)
|Sense & Sensibility.|
10. I love Jane Austen novels. There is something so magical, beautiful and simplistic about them. But perhaps if I'm being truthful with myself, I actually really love the BBC adaptations of Jane Austen novels. My favorites include Emma and Sense & Sensibility.
Well, I hope I didn't bore you all to tears..and I look forward to reading 10 facts about all my other favorite bloggers! Have an amazing week! xx